RE: [FWP] Obfuscated Perl AI

>                  outside of a while test, this will not happen.
>                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> So I'd kind of assumed that a "for" test rather than a "while" test
> would mean it wouldn't work. :)

The reason it works for the "for" is conceptually a bit different than why
it works for the "while".  It works for the "for" because "for" and
"foreach" are really just synonyms.  And, just like you can skip the
variable (and have $_ used) in a "foreach", you can therefore skip the
variable and use $_ in the "for".  So the "documentation" for this is a bit
more explicit, but found in the documentation of "for" (rather than the
paragraph you quoted).

 - Andy Jacobs

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_