Re: [FWP] Re: [Silly Fun WP] Perl error messages

John Carter <john@dwaf-hri.pwv.gov.za> writes:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Peter Haworth wrote:
> > Tushar Samant wrote:

> > Although, to silence another spurious warning, you need:
> >   $_=0;
> >   sin;
> >
> > I can't manage the second one in my <1 minute of trying.
>

> I thought the way to do this would be to hit the perl executable with
> "string" and get it too cough up all its error messages and then
> select. There are some gems in there, but alas, I can't even think how
> to trigger my favourite one! ("has no overloaded magic")
>
> I have selected likely looking error messages from the perl
> executable. The SFWP list must come up with a funny way of triggering each
> of the following....

> [...]

These look like an XS module could be written...

> Scalars leaked: %ld
>  PHOOEY
> Too late for "-T" option

% cat /dir/tmp/foo
#!/bin/sh # -*- perl -T -*-
% perl /dir/tmp/foo
Too late for "-T" option at /dir/tmp/foo line 1.

> [...]

I dunno about the rest.  Does looking at the source constitute
cheating?

--
Ariel Scolnicov        |"GCAAGAATTGAACTGTAG"            |ariels@compugen.co.il
Compugen Ltd.          |Tel: +972-2-6795059 (Jerusalem)	\  NEW IMPROVED URL!