Re: [FWP] Consistency

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, John Porter wrote:

> 	A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,
> 	adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
> 	With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.

I have seen this phrased more simply...

Consistency is the hobgoblin of those that have no other hobgoblins.

The most consistent syntax I have come across is actually RPL
(Reverse Polish Lisp) on a Hp48 calculator.

Of course, occasionally one can only shake ones head in horror and
wonder what heinous hobgoblins were biting Larry Wall when he was
designing Perl. They must have been truly vicious.

John Carter                    EMail: ece@dwaf-hri.pwv.gov.za
Telephone : 27-12-808-0374x194 Fax:- 27-12-808-0338
<http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/5947> or <http://iwqs.pwv.gov.za>

I'm going to be a range of mountains!

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_