Re: [FWP] Anacrossagrams

On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 11:21:44PM +0100, Fergal Daly wrote:
> Try
>
> anacrossagram(
> 	[qw( abcd afgh ijkl mnop )],
> 	[qw( afkp bajn cgko dhlp )],
> );
>
> This has a solution, but the code below doesn't find it. The problem is
> that there is more than one solution the solver needs to choose an option
> and then recursively solve this problem,

That's a good observation.  There are three ways to deal with
anacrossagrams that have multiple solutions:

1) Find no solutions
2) Find one solution
3) Find all solutions

I think that a true anacrossagram should have a single, unique solution, so
choice (1) is reasonable.

Consider (2) and (3) as extra credit.  :)

Ronald

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_