Re: [FWP] Jotto puzzle: first five guesses

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 03:35:41PM -0400, Bernie Cosell wrote:

> In each turn, the computer simply picks a word *AT*RANDOM* [!] that is
> still possible [that is, that is still consistent with all of the
> from there.  Trust me: you *cannot* beat this program, even with this
> simple a strategy [although not so trivial to implement: hence the
> programming problem]

Do you play with the rule that each word must contain five unique letters
with no repeats?  If so, I think I have a fairly simple way to implement
this.  If not, it would be harder, but still not too difficult, I think.

Ronald

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_