Re: [FWP] Eliminating whitespace does not usefully shorten code

At 2:25 AM -0400 on 8/8/99, Ronald J Kimball wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 02:11:47AM -0400, DeRobertis wrote:
>> I must agree with the origonal poster. There is no extra "fun" value in
>> removing whitepsace.
>
>> Let's not substitute fake FWP for real FWP!
>
>Personally, I find it quite fun to try to squeeze Perl programs into as few
>characters as possible, *including whitespace*.  There are tricks to
>minimizing whitespace, just as there are tricks to removing regular
>characters.

If you're using trickery to do it, fine. But I think it's rather silly just
to observe that you don't need a \n after a semicolon. When I said
whitespace, I meant whitespace that is ignored by Perl.

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_