On Dec 4, John van V. said:

>Befunge is NOT good for:
>      Writing an OS.
>      Writing a reasonably-sized program.
>      Speed-sensitive applications.
>      Just about anything practical.
>
>Befunge IS good for:
>      A good laugh.
>      Amazing your friends, amusing your colleagues.
>      Whiling away bored hours when you really should be working.
>      Expanding your horizons. (Infinitely, even.)

Or writing credit card validation[1].  See the wonder of a language where
comments need not be delimited!

  v  this is a comment here, only because the
     instruction pointer specifically avoids it
  >0"yhpaj">:#,_@

That prints "japhy" and exits.  Too bad the language has such a tiny user
base.  I could write a book on the language[2] or start an IRC channel[3].

[1] Yes, credit card validation!  I believe I am the first person to write
such a program in Befunge (who else in their right mind WOULD have?).  It
is at http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/befunge/, if you're interested.

[2] I'm going to write at LEAST an online guide to the beauty of Befunge.

[3] #befunge, on DALnet.  Come by, if you're bored out of your mind.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan     japhy@pobox.com    http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
CPAN - #1 Perl Resource  (my id:  PINYAN)       http://search.cpan.org/