[MacPerl-Porters] CGI/Perl support for mac web server

This question might be a bit off topic, but I've seen similar questions in
the archives.

I'm working on a cross-platform mini-web server that includes support for
macintosh.  I'm interested in adding support for Perl and/or CGI.  Adding
support for Perl is all that is necessary, but adding full CGI support would
be good too.

>From what I've read in the archives of this list to directly invoke Perl
scripts would require building Perl as a library (shared or static),
something that isn't supported in the MacPerl distribution.

Simply adding macintosh CGI support might be easier.  Although I found a
number of documents on the web on macintosh CGI, I haven't been able to find
a document that is really definitive.  Is there such a document?  Also, is
there any sample code on implementing the server code for supporting
macintosh CGI?