RE: [MacPerl-Porters] On with the show; Volunteers Wanted!

At 10:47 -0700 8/05/2000, PVHP@forte.com wrote:
>Here is the relevant code:
>
>For tool in BuildProgram BuildCommands Count DeRez Gestalt GetFileName
>GetListItem MakeStub Search Rez
>    Set which_tool "`Which {tool} > Dev:Null`"
>    If {Status} != 0 OR !"{which_tool}"
>        Echo {tool} >> {missing}
>        Echo "# {tool} is missing"
>    End
>End

Directory {MPW}Tools:
For tool in BuildProgram BuildCommands Count DeRez Gestalt GetFileName
GetListItem MakeStub Search Rez
    Set which_tool "`Which {tool} > Dev:Null`"
    If {Status} != 0 OR !"{which_tool}"
#...
        Echo "# {tool} is missing"
    End
End

# BuildProgram is missing
# BuildCommands is missing
# Count is missing
# DeRez is missing
# Gestalt is missing
# GetFileName is missing
# GetListItem is missing
### Which - Command "MakeStub" was not found.
# File not found (OS error -43)
### MPW Shell - Execution of `...` terminated.
### MPW Shell - Execution of command terminated.
### MPW Shell - Execution of input terminated.

Makestub is the only one actually missing.

I've been meaning to ask - what are the accent_ e characters in the ftp line?

>Peter Prymmer

---
"the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can
suppose" -  Haldane
Larry Moore  Fergus On Canada N1M 1V7 ljmoore@freespace.net
http://freespace.net/~ljmoore/Larry_resume.html