Re: [MacPerl-Porters] Problems with CFM68K

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Chris Nandor wrote:

> I have the latest CodeWarrior.  It doesn't like the -indirect option for
> MWC68K:
>
> ### MWC68K Usage Alert:
> #   Calling linker option 'indirect'
> #
>
> Errors caused tool to abort.
>

> I remove it, and then get a ton of these after I compile and try to link:
>
> ### MWLink68K Linker Error:
> # MD2.c: 'Perl_croak' referenced from 'XS_Digest__MD2_new' is undefined.
>
> I am thinking that lack of -indirect is to blame ... any thoughts?

Nothing but pure speculation: is there some kind of option to
{pre-}process and export a map of where the symbols are to eventually be
resolved?

Not that I expect MWC68K to have such a beast but compilers on other
platforms sometimes do (xlc on AIX or c89 on OS/390 come to mind).

Peter Prymmer

(still haven't installed a C compiler other than MrC on MacOS :-(