Re: [MacPerl] Help with MacPerl cgi-scripts?

>On 3/4/96 Jens Christoffersson wrote:
>
>>Hi, I've been trying to construct a cgi-script using MacPerl, but can't even
>>get it to read a simple form. Does anyone know where to look for MacPerl
>>cgi-scripts, so I can get some tips? is there an archive somewhere?
>
>I second the motion! The "MacPerl.Frontend" file included with MacPerl is a
>bit of a tease. I couldn't really follow what's going on. A simple form
>example is definitely needed. Help!

Well, since we're on the subject, my pod-search cgi is still available at

<ftp://dvorak.cc.iup.edu/pub/perl/pod_srch.cgi>

The search routine itself is online at

<http://mozart.cc.iup.edu/pub/pod_srch.html>

The CGI script wasn't written to be an example of how to do cgi, nor is it
necessarily the best way to accomplish its assigned task.  But it works.

Someday, I'll figure out how to integrate CGI.pm instead of relying on the
older cgi-lib.pl...

Mark Nutter                           Internet: manutter@grove.iup.edu
College Technology Systems Manager      BITNET: MANUTTER@IUP
ACS/College of Fine Arts                   WWW: http://www.iup.edu/~manutter/
G-4 Stright Hall, IUP
Indiana, PA 15705
"Prejudice is what keeps us from seeing that every member of the human species
is a person with human rights equal to our own."