Re: [MacPerl] Millions of Questions from a Newbie

Thanks, that was a very helpful comparison and explanation.  I'm still
a bit confused about the role of AppleEvents, though:

>Don't worry about the AppleEvents.  Both AppleScript and MacPerl handle
>that transparently, and you never really even need to know that AppleEvents
>are involved (unless you try to send back more data than will fit in a
>single AppleEvent--then you *do* need to know a little bit ;).  You need to
>know how to send back a MIME-encoded response, which in oversimplified
>terms means that your first line needs to be something like

Do I actually (in both AppleScript and MacPerl) have to make myself an
AppleEvent, or does stdout automatically get sent back?  Also, this means
that the user must wait for the whole page to be generated before they
see any output, right?  Is there a way to send part of the page back, and
then more when it's ready?

Thanks again,
Peter

p.s.  Is the max content for an AppleEvent 32k?

Today I made a Black Forest cake out of five pounds of cherries and
a live beaver, challenging the very definition of the word cake. I
was very pleased.