Re: [MacPerl] Millions of Questions from a Newbie

>Do I actually (in both AppleScript and MacPerl) have to make myself an
>AppleEvent, or does stdout automatically get sent back?

In MacPerl you can just print, but in AppleScript (Argh, I'm rustier than I
thought on this!) I believe what you do is return a big long string of
text.

>Also, this means
>that the user must wait for the whole page to be generated before they
>see any output, right?  Is there a way to send part of the page back, and
>then more when it's ready?

I'm not clear on this one myself.  Anybody?

>p.s.  Is the max content for an AppleEvent 32k?

I believe it's somewhat less than that, due to overhead.  Did someone say
something like 27K or so?  I'm not terribly clear on this one either.

Mark Nutter                           Internet: manutter@grove.iup.edu
College Technology Systems Manager      BITNET: MANUTTER@IUP
ACS/College of Fine Arts                   WWW: http://www.iup.edu/~manutter/
G-4 Stright Hall, IUP
Indiana, PA 15705
"Prejudice is what keeps us from seeing that every member of the human species
is a person with human rights equal to our own."