Re: [MacPerl] How do I unsubscribe?

jar@hopf.dnai.com (yeah) writes:
>At 11:36 PM 03/06/96, Dana Giuliana wrote:
>+-Anyone know how to get off this listserve?
>[...]
>+- Dana Giuliana                                       dgiuliana@emerson.edu
>+-     webmaster - cinematographer - graphic designer - macintosh guru

>Funny... basic listserv unsubscribing was taught on the FIRST DAY of
>"macintosh guru" classes.

Folks,

This thread has been sort of amusing, but it is off-topic, and besides, Dana
Giuliana can't read it as I unsubscribed the address first thing in the
morning.

ObPerl: Majordomo has a few regexps that catch 80-90% of all such requests
(Maybe a fourth to one third of all unsubscription are done manually), but
Dana's mail artfully avoided triggering them. "Get off" is currently not
recognized as an administrative request in majordomo, although maybe a future,
Communications Decency Act compliant version might catch it as a possible
obscenity.

Matthias

-----
Matthias Neeracher <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> http://err.ethz.ch/members/neeri.html
  "Nur die halbe Welt ist Teflon und Asbest" -- Einstuerzende Neubauten