Re: [MacPerl] 32 Drop File Limit?

>I recently wrote a little script in MacPerl that changed a bunch of file
>names to a specific name format and creater.  What I found was, I could
>only drop a maximum of 32 files on the script!  Does that magic number 32
>of the MacOS come into play here or is this in MacPerl.

It's not a MacOS limit.  Given time and memory, Finder will happily
construct Open events with several hundred or a few thousand files in them.
One often wishes Finder wouldn't do that, although triggering the effect
accidentally leads to opportunities for unexpected showers or other ways to
use up time.

   --John

  --
   Each day is a gift.  That's why we call today "the present."
jwbaxter@olympus.net (John W. Baxter)  Port Ludlow, WA, USA