[MacPerl] mac perl

ok i'm doing some good work with mac perl.

but....

how can i keep the funky charictors from showing up
like the box.  it shows up when i submit a form from the web
it saves the submitted form in html format, it does this just fine
but wherever you put a <return> in the submition macperl saves
a box in the html form.
could this have anything to do with /n being different on a mac?

also....

when machttpd is posting a form retrived by a macperl script
at the very bottom it gives me  a diagnostic output telling me what it
is or was trying to open. this is anoying and we don't want
users seeing this.
i'm using macperl 5.0.7r1m
and machttp 2.0
power pc 7100/80