[MacPerl] Connect to reserved port ?

         Subject:    Connect to reserved port ?

Question on connecting a socket to a reserved port in macperl...

In UNIX perl, I can successfully connect a socket to a reserved TCP port
(512-1023) by specifying the port number instead of '0' when packing the
client address.  Things work fine as long as the script is executed by the
super-user, or 'root'.

I want to do the same thing under macperl, but I get "Permission Denied" when
I use a reserved port.  I can connect just fine when using '0' to get an
unreserved port.  How do I become super-user on a MAC, or the equivalent, in
order to access reserved ports ?

Thanks,

Russell Peterson
russ_peterson@itd.sterling.com