re: [MacPerl] Getting Extended FileInfo using MacPerl

Steve Smith <stevens@gallant.apple.com> writes:
} MacPerl question:
}
} I would like to be able preserve file positions while doing a deep copy of a folder
} hierarchy. The file info function merely returns the file creator and type, but I
} need to get the file position, so that I can set it on the "new" copy.
}
} Has anyone done this, or know of an external function that can do this?

It's called MacPerl::DoAppleScript.  This is the kind of thing for which
Applescripting the Finder is the best solution.

} steve
} stevens@gallant.apple.com
---
--------