[MacPerl] Profiling MacPerl?

Is there any simple and obvious way of seeing how MacPerl's using memory? I
have a script that creates a handful of objects and then tries to process a
large file. After a certain number of lines, it dies with an 'Out of
memory!' error. No new objects are created within the loop that reads the
file, and it's not  extending a global hash or array ... but *something*
must be munching memory, and I'd like to try to figure out what. Especially
since MacPerl 5.0.6r1m doesn't always handle out-of-memory conditions very
gracefully, and I'm growing bored of having to reboot ...

Suggestions disgracefully received.

angus@aegypt.demon.co.uk  angus@pobox.com  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~angus/

 "I am here by the will of the people ... and I will     "Metrophage"
  not leave until I get my raincoat back."              Richard Kadrey