Re: [MacPerl] "Epoch-making difference"--time()

Yanni wrote:
> > The tricky part about these principles is that ISO C doesn't define
> > the Epoch to be used. POSIX.1 defines it as Jan 1, 1970, but all
> > Mac compilers define it as Jan 1, 1904. I prefer in this case to
> > follow the Mac precedent and have times returned by time, stat, and so
> > on based on the 1904 date not the 1970 one. However, if the Perl5-
> > porters mailing list rejects this view, I might reconsider.
>
> Personally, I think that the 1970 date should be used so that there is
> less confusion.

I concur.  IMHO, the true joy of Perl is that it is so platform-independant.
Everytime I have to check for system-specific stuff (like '/' vs ':'),  it
gets a little annoying.

I love Mac-Perl.  Matthias, I'd like to buy you a beer for doing such a great
job.  But I use Mac-Perl to develop on my Mac what will run on under UNIX.
For the most part it works great, but there are a few things that continue to
bite my.

Have a nice day!

Paul Philion