[MacPerl] Something fun...

I'm around chapter 10 in the llama book, and I'd  like to try some fun
stuff, like programming a black-jack game, or a poker game or craps. The
stuff I used to do on my family's old Commodore 64. (I've forgotten all the
basic I learned.)
The thing I'm looking for is a way to generate a random number, but also to
limit the range of numbers. Something like 1-52 for a card game or 1-6 for
craps.
If there's anything already out there, or if anyone has something lying
around, I'd be very grateful.
I know there's probably games and such out there, but I don't mind
reinventing this wheel. At this time, all my perl stuff is internet
related, and I'd like to really learn this language. Doing some fun stuff
might be good exercise.
I'm sorry if this is easy to find on the net somewhere.  My wife and I
recently had twins (sneaking in the proud father thing) and I've found my
surfing time to be limited.

Thanks, Tim