Re: [MacPerl] line buffering in perl5 (fwd)

Tim Ringwood wrote:

> BTW: Some folks said to use "system" to call programs or MPW commands, yet
> system crashes my system. Any clue why? Bad download?

I'm sure this is in the MacPerl docs, but in order to use the MacPerl
system call you have to have Toolserver installed.  If you don't, the
behavior is unpredictable.  MacPerl sends whatever request you make of
the system call to Toolserver which executes it.  Not pretty, but it's
the only support for the system() call available (maybe Copland?)

--

Bill Salivar
Adobe Systems Inc.