Re: [MacPerl] Send Mail

At 11:31 AM 4/18/96, bruno@earthlink.net wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>I am currently trying to write cgi scripts to be able to process form.
>Almost everything is working perfectly, however I have a little problem.
>The CGI retrieves the information from the form and process the data it
>got. Then return a html document saying that the information has been sent
>to the email address. Unfortunatly this is not true:
>        When I check my messages I find out that nothing has been sent.
>        I have been trying to find the solution to this problem, but no
>result so far. By reading pages on the internet about this, I found out
>that I need another script or program that send the mail. Most of time
>people call it "sendmail".
>I haven't found it yet.
>Would it be possible to help me with this?
>        Where can I find the script or program?
>        If this doesn't exist for Mac, can I get something similar to it?
>
>I would accept any suggestions or comments about this.
>
>Thanks to everybody on this group for all the great information sent.

Sendmail is a unix program (thus not for the mac) that is the backbone of
the entire mail system on the internet.

There is a freeware program called AIMS (Apple Internet Mail Server).  Go
hunting (sorry i don't have the url) for it.  You should be able to find a
way to send mail to it for it to spool for you.

If all else fails, connect to it via port 25 (using TCP/IP) in perl and
send the mail as a normal SMTP connection.

Good luck.

Shawn.

W3/Perl/HTML Programmer for IN Jersey.
IN Jersey:  The Information Network for the Garden State.

http://www.injersey.com/
http://www.nid.com/
http://www.nj1015.com/
http://www.pparadise.com/