Re: [MacPerl] Forms: parsing accented chars

> HTML has it's own standard way of dealing ith this. You need to use special
> HTML code strings, instead of accented characters. As an example, an "i"
> (that's an "e" with and "accent aigue" on it, must be included  as
> "é". So you need a translation table, and a lot of lines like this:
Being of a nationality which by necessity has to care about those
things I would like to point out that this is not true, the official
character set of HTML is iso-latin-1 ("western european ASCII" so to
speak) é is just an *alternative* way of representing "i". This
has not always been honoured by HTML-related software (if I recall
correctly early versions of Netscape for Mac being one example).