Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl shared lib?

At 20:51 -0700 8.5.96, Peter Folk wrote:

> What does that mean, exactly?  I understand that OSA is a description of
> scripting languages, but how exatly does that make it address the issue?

The Open Scripting Architecture allows developers to make scripting
languages available system-wide, not just to apps with explicit support
for a single language, as you suggested be done with MacPerl via the
shared library mechanism.

You were looking for a way to use MacPerl in your favorite apps; it's
much cleaner to get the fave apps' developers to support OSA, so that
those apps' users can use AppleScript, Frontier, and soon Perl,
whichever is most appropriate to the task.

(Matthias, please correct me if I've overgeneralized to the point of
inaccuracy.)

Hope this helps.

Stephan Somogyi    "too many cartoons and pez, i guess"    Digital Media