[MacPerl] droplet on diskette

Hello,

I was writing a script that I wanted to turn into a droplet. When I did create
the droplet, I created it on a diskette. When I tried it *as a droplet* it did
not work - the plain script *did* work. I discovered that the droplet did work
if I copied it to my hard-disk.

I am publishing this "discovery" for a number of reasons:

1.  Other people may run into the same problem. When a droplet does not work,
there are a number of possible causes. This is one of them, and it is easy
to eliminate.
2.  I am curious: I am using the latest version 4. Does the problem also occur
in version 5 ? If it does not, this is one more good reason to migrate.
3.  I am curious (2): If the cause is known, or when the cause is discovered,
I'd like to hear about it. Is it because the droplet was not on a hard-disk,
because the droplet was not on the boot disk, because the droplet was not on
the same disk as MacPerl itself ?

Regards,
Peter Van Avermaet