[MacPerl] Trouble with MacPerl 5!

So here's the problem.

I install MacPerl5 on my Mac (performa 6115cd, system 7.5.3, 16MB ram), and
when I try to use it, I get a message saying that MacPerl cannot be opened
because "an unexpected error occured".

This has happened with both Mac_Perl_507r1m and Mac_Perl_510r2_a2 (which,
as an alpha version, I probably shouldn't be anywhere near, anyway).

Does anyone out there have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

David H. Adler  <dha@panix.com> - Finger for PGP public key.
"perhaps the Monty Python scholar in America today."-New Yorker, 13mar89
"There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this
line."-O. Levant