Re: [MacPerl] oops!

David H. Adler writes:
>>>Also, as mentioned above, I don't know for sure if I have a math
>>>coprocessor or not. Does anyone out there know what the story is for a
>>>6115?
>>
>>I don't know the 6115, but it sounds as a PPC and as such is does floating
>>point arithmetics in native applications, but not in emulating a 68K.

Right.

>>MacPerl is native, but probably make some things (or ask the system
>>software to do something) in emulation mode.

No. The only non-native component of MacPerl is an LDEF displaying fonts
in the Format dialog, and that doesn't get called unless you open the
format dialog.

>I installed Software FPU, installed MacPerl5

Uh... what version of MacPerl5? Now you're mentioning it, early releases had
mysterious crashes on PowerPerformas when trying to initialize the edition
manager. 5.0.7 shouldn't, though.

>Back to square one . . .

Ahem, true to my philosophy of leaving the truly difficult debugging tasks to
my customers :-), could I ask you to get MacsBug from

ftp://ftp.info.apple.com//Apple.Support.Area/Apple.Software.Updates/US/Macintosh/Utilities/MacsBug_6.5.3.sea.hqx

And on the next crash, type "StdLog" and send me the resulting file.

Matthias

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_