Re: [MacPerl] PGPlot easy to get to Mac?

At 5:05 PM 6/3/96, westmj@esvax.dnet.dupont.com wrote:
>I believe PGPlot is used in a Matlab-like Macintosh application
>called RLab.  I think source could be obtained, and it may
>be trivial to get PGPLot working independently (but what do I know?).
>
>RLab is available from Info-Mac mirrors, for example:

You could use MacPerl to send Apple events to the Mac version of gnuplot.
The gnuplot AE interface works pretty well and has been used to do
interactive graphics on the web as part of a cgi thing.  (See the URL
below)  There is even a sort-of-documented way to pass data for plotting.

I have not done an interface between MacPerl and gnuplot, but a library
should be pretty easy to do. If anybody wants to do it and needs help,
please let me know.

Parts of the Mac gnuplot UI are still buggy or incomplete, but the core and
AE interface work very well.

<http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/gnuplot.html>

later,

---Dave---

David C. Schooley                         |
Ph.D. in progress                         |
Georgia Tech Electric Power               |       Simplify.
email: schooley@ece.gatech.edu            |
http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/  |