Re: [MacPerl] Thanks and more....

At 14:43 6/8/96, Shawn Pearce wrote:

>>> Is there a limit to the size a script can be in order to run as a CGI
>>> with WebStar.  I thought I read somewhere that the limit is 60k,
>>> although files over 40k are problematic.  I can't run a script that
>>> is 43k, and it is driving me crazy!
>>
>>There is no limit of that kind.
>
>Yes, ther eis.  The limit of the script is the size that a TEXT resource
>can hold.  The CGI glue stores the script in a TEXT resouce (don't remember
>the number).  I had thought they had a limit of 32k, not 40k.  Anyway, if
>you fill the resource, that's it.  Its full.

That's what Jon said...unlimited.  [Actually, he meant effectively
unlimited...the code probably reads the resource in one chunk, not in
pieces (although the Resource Manager has supported doing the latter for
several years).]

There hasn't been a 32K limit on resource size [imposed by the OS] for
about a decade.

--John

  --
   Development of software takes longer and costs more.
jwbaxter@olympus.net (John W. Baxter)  Port Ludlow, WA, USA