[MacPerl] Finding my name/ip

I was looking for an efficient way to get my ip address or hostname (both
allocated dynamically by my ISP) in a script.  I spent an hour or two
playing with GUSI and get*byaddr, and had just about given up (actually
started this message), when I thought that I guess it wouldn't *hurt* to
try the Unix solution: `hostname`.

Amazingly, it worked like a charm.  Just one more bravo for Matthias.
But now I want to know, other than `pwd` and `hostname`, how many
backticked commands are "emulated?

Peter Folk