Re: [MacPerl] Another beached whale release

With Matthias' permission, I've placed a copy of the new alpha,
Mac_Perl_510r2_a3.sit.bin, at the following URL

<ftp://mors.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/MacPerl/Applications/Beta/>.

Since the link from North America to Europe has been so slow lately
(it took me 9 hours of trying before I finally got it), this should
make it easier for people on this side of the Atlantic to grab it.

I've left the file in MacBinary format because it's huge (> 8 Mb), and
Binhex'ing it would simply add to the size.  mors only permits a
limited number of anonymous ftp connections (its job in life is to
crunch numbers), so your best bet is to transfer it over the fastest
link you have, i.e. if you have a shell account at an ISP download it
from mors to your ISP and then from your ISP to your Mac.

--------
Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center,
Code 693, Greenbelt, MD 20771 USA