Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl jcode.pl?

At  9:06 PM 96.6.28 +0000, KATO, Yoichi wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I'm planning to built CGI script w/ MacPerl, but could't find 'jcode.pl',
>which needed to make it work under Japanese language environment. Could I
>have a clue for it?

jcode.pl and a lot of other stuff related to dealing with japanese encoding
is at:

        ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/examples/nutshell/ujip/perl/

I assume that this can easily be converted to work with MacPerl, but I
haven't tried it myself yet.
In my experience, however, you don't always need this to write cgi's that
deal with Japanese. If, for example, your script is sending form input as
email, any decent Japanese email program such as eudora-J will
automatically do the encoding conversion for you when it downloads the
mail.

The best (only?) source for this kind of info seems to be Ken Lunde's book,
"Understanding Japanese Information Processing" published by O'Reilly and
Assoc.
It's avilable in both English and Japanese.

- Dave
dave@macgallery.com