[MacPerl] Joining Forum Response

        Reply to:   Joining Forum Response

> If you are a new subscriber to the list,
> I would be interested to know:

- How you learned about the existence of MacPerl

  I learned about MacPerl from the internet by ftping a copy
  of Perl 4.whatever and looking for other platforms.  The
  application that caught my attention was DNAWORKBENCH which
  searches all over the internet for DNA/Protein information
  across Unix, Mac and PC platforms.

- Whether you received your copy by ftp or by CD

  ftp

- Whether you are using the MPW tool or the application

  both

- what you are planning to use Perl for

  Data translation at first.  Maybe a bit of SybPerl
  to look up some data in a database.

  I've written a testing tool that lets one describe
  tests -- then it executes them on the Unix side.
  It would be interesting to see something equivalent
  on the Mac.