Re: [MacPerl] Sending AEs to a droplet?

jwb@olympus.net (John W. Baxter) writes:
>>Is it possible to send AppleEvents to a droplet? From what I've seen it is
>>not (yet), but I'm by no means a proficient perler so it's probable that
>>I've overlooked it.
>
>Yes...Finder does it.  [That's how the droplet finds out about
>files/folders dropped onto it, for example.]
>
>As to whether there are other events which can usefully be sent:  I don't know

Not right now. Droplets are strictly single-shot systems: They translate their
first AppleEvent and then quit.

Now that Perl has more complete AppleEvent support, I've thought about an
"AppleEvent Proxy" droplet which would tunnel received AppleEvents to MacPerl.
However, with the MacPerl OSA component nearing completion, a plain OSA droplet
will probably be more attractive.

Matthias

-----
  "If you meet the Buddha in the Net, put his address in your Kill file."
                            -- Don Hutton, hutton@promis.com