Re: [MacPerl] Perl questions

davidh@SDL.UG.EDS.COM writes:
>(1) I have tried using the BBEdit extension "run perl" with BBEdit Lite
>3.5. It seems to work quite happily, but I have experienced a couple of
>problems with it. I wonder if anyone can tell me how to work round the
>following:
>
>(a) using "run perl" buffers all the output sent to STDOUT by a script, so
>that it all appears in a new BBEdit window at the end. This is a nuisance
>if you're printing progress information as the script executes. Running the
>script from MacPerl itself doesn't do this.

Yes, batching together all output is a lot easier and more efficient for the
remote case (And with BBEdit's extension model mybe almost unavoidable).

>(b) if my script uses a dialog routine such as MacPerl'Answer, the dialog
>window anchors itself at the back of all other windows on the screen.

My mistake. I'll look into fixing this.

>(2) I have experienced problems when single stepping in the Perl debugger.
>Lines like:
>
>foreach $member_id (sort { $a <=> $b} keys %member_data)

Might be fixed in the next release.

Matthias

-----
   "They were just the sort of people who would have gone to Las Vegas,
    not Boulder, in _The Stand_, and here they were."
                                          -- Douglas Coupland, _Microserfs_