Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl & Frontier

At 12:07 AM +0200 7/12/96, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>I agree that this would be useful. Unfortunately, good examples are hard
>to do, especially examples that will work on most machines. I'm afraid that
>at the moment, I simply don't have much time to work on examples (I have
>mostly completed the most comprehensive pass of the standard Perl library
>to date, so 80% of the library now works).

Personally, I don't need "good" examples per se, just examples.  If it
doesn't work on my machine, at least it gives me some clues.

Anyway, thanks to Rick Frankel <rfrankel@panix.com> who has given me his
code.  I have some test scripts that work with FileMaker 3.  Basically, I
have the part that does the equivalent of SQL "select f1, f2 from table1".
The speed is amazing, compared to AppleScript, which is critical for
interactive usage.  What I'm missing now is the exact syntax for
constructing a descriptor string that does the equivalent of SQL "where"
clause or AppleScript's "whose" clause.  If anybody has any idea or any
example of using AppleEvents in MacPerl, please let me know.  TIA.

My intention is to create a module similar to the Butler module that
interfaces with FileMaker.

Pete

Peter Chen, Hochem BV, Driebergseweg 17, 3708 JA  Zeist, The Netherlands
tel: +31 (0)30 69-31352  fax: +31 (0)30 69-24881
email: <mailto:Peter.Chen@hochem.nl>,<mailto:petechen@math.rutgers.edu>