[MacPerl] version control system?

I would love to find a reasonably simple, reasonably inexpensive version
control system for the Mac.  I'd like it to handle Text files with ease;
I want to use it for MacPerl scripts and (other) BBEdit files.  If it
can't handle non-text files, so be it (though something that can store
the resource fork info would be best).

I prefer shareware or freeware and don't want anything megalithic or
expensive (<= $50).  I don't use MPW; VooDoo is out of my price range;
MetroWerks is much more than I need.  I'd love it if BareBones would
write an integrated version control system for BBEdit, but that's not in
the pipeline (yet).

I am hoping that one or more MacPerl afficianados may have come across
something, or written something (:-) that meets my criteria.

Hoping to hear something positive -

Vicki