Re(2): [MacPerl] MacPerl & Frontier

On Sat, 13 Jul 1996 14:56:38 +0200, Peter Chen wrote:

> As I mentioned before, if I can
> get my hands on some docs for the appropriate AppleEvent descriptor strings
> for FMP3, I can come up with a basic FileMaker.pm, upon which other people
> can expand.  It's simply frustrating that's the only thing I'm missing now.
> So close, yet so far, *sigh*.  Come to think of it, as an act of
> desperation, I will go digging into "Inside Macintosh".

The 'aete' resource in an application describes its AppleScript Dictionary.
Frontier is using it when creating a "glue" table (a set of UserTalk verbs for
this application).

Why not imagine such an importer to create raw "glue" modules ?

Georges Martin

ps: yes, I have the "IM: Interapplication communication" on my desk,
but I'm still a beginner in Perl so I'm not volunteering at this time ;-)

 Georges Martin                       <mailto:georges.martin@deboeck.be>
 Groupe De Boeck s.a.                              phone +32 10 48.25.72
 Fond Jean Paques 4                                  fax +32 10 48.25.19
 B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)