Re: [MacPerl] "FindFolder.pl" in 5.1.0 beta?

Mike Ladwig <mike@twinpeaks.prc.com>
>The previous MacPerl had a great little utility, FindFolder, which appears
>to have vanished from the Flibrary in the new Beta, although the test for
>it still exists in the 't' folder.

That was an accidental omission. FindFolder.pl will be present in the release,
although I would recommend using File.pm where possible (i.e. on PPC or with
BigMacPerl).

>I see what appears to be a replacement for it in 'Mac::Files.pm', but have
>been unable to get it to work.

use Mac::Files;

$prefs = FindFolder(kOnSystemDisk, kPreferencesFolderType);

All the relevant "constants" are declared as procedures in Files.pm

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground