Re: [MacPerl] PCGI trouble

>At 12:21 AM 8/12/96, John Whelan wrote:
>>I've been trying to use a Perl5 script to process form input.  The script
>>uses the CGI and SMTP modules.  The script works fine in offline mode and
>>I've gotten
>>it to work on some servers.  When the script fails, the PCGI app cannot be
>>quit with the 'quit now' button, nor can it forced quit without seriously
>>upsetting other applications, nor does it quit on it's own.
>>
>>The WWW server error says 'Error -1701 Getting CGIreply string (Requested
>>descriptor was not found (reply))'.   I'm using Mac_Perl_510b2r2 and
>>wondering
>>if anyone else has seen this kind of behavior??

>As a matter of fact, I have experienced that exact behavior.
>

>Chris Nandor                                       pudge@pcix.com
>PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                    http://pudge.petersons.com/

  I just finished Introduction to CGI/PERL{a good book but low on the PERL
content} at the cottage this summer,  like I say since Basic on the old VIC
20 I haven't been writing much *code*(oh that's what we call it now eh?).
I think my old application of a morse code translator would work well to
someones CGI script.  You know you could talk to the web page in morse or
take a lesson.  I'll have to suggest it to someone in International
Communications:)

Peter Timusk/Cyberpoet/ e mail at timusk@magi.com  The Moon Rock Kid!
"We can be heros,  just for one day."  David Bowie
Visit my home page....http://infoweb.magi.com/~timusk/