Re: [MacPerl] chunk 27 error ???

Hi everybody,

Now I'm back from the war, I will try to catch up on unanswered mail.

angus@aegypt.demon.co.uk (Angus McIntyre) writes:
>At 11:51 am 24/8/96, Dave Shaffer wrote:
>>>I got this error:
>>>     <snip>
>>>          # Could not open  TOC.HTM.
>>>         File '...'; Line 272 # <THEFILE> chunk 27        <---

[Angus provides a correct explanation of filename protection issues]

>I don't fully understand the significance of 'chunk', but I think it's
>Perl's way of trying to tell you where the error happened. Perhaps because
>input isn't necessarily line-bounded, Perl prefers to talk to 'chunks'
>rather than 'lines'.

In fact, Perl says "chunk" precisely when $/ is something else than "\n".
Smart, huh?

Matthias

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_