[MacPerl] Incoming serial connections

I can use commconnect.pl to work as a serial connection for dialing out to a
remote system but I would like to build a program that blocks on the serial
port and accepts connections when someone dials into my system.  How can my
perl program know when someone has made a connection to my modem?  The only
way I can figure to do it, is to have the program in a loop until it
receives some data from the port.  I think I really need to check for a CTS
signal(?) from the modem or even get the receive to block until it gets some
data. I may be so far off in the weeds that I never get it to work...

Thanks for any advice, Ian

"...and free is a very good price"  T.Peterson.
"Jim, your girlfriend is a zombie"  P.Fonda