Re: [MacPerl] buffer size of "MacPerl" window

blisbarn@i-max.co.nz (Matt & Sheryl) writes:
>after reading a file into the "MacPerl" window of MacPerl and then saving
>it through an applescript i discovered that the top part of the file was
>missing.
>
>i presume that this is because the buffer size of the window in question
>has been reached and MacPerl automatically deletes lines off of the top.

Right.

>does anyone know how to increase the buffer size of the "MacPerl" window?

The current size is 30'000 characters. If it were easy to increase it, there
wouldn't have been a need for a limit in the first place :-)

TextEdit is limited to 32767 characters. In another program, I just started
using (limitless) WASTE with excellent results, so switching over would be an
option (WASTE is reported to also handle Kanij, and soon right-to-left
scripts). However, I don't really have much tim to spend on it.

Matthias

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_