Re: [MacPerl] Perl asynchrinosity and usefulness as CGI development platform

All right, I think the multitasking discussion should be declared over. If
anybody wants to contiue this discussion, do so off the list please.

If I might be allowed to address a few of the points that have come up:

 - I think the Mac is absolutely fine as a WWW server, even under quite
   demanding circumstances. WebStar is well tuned and makes good use of
   Mac multitasking.
 - However, MacPerl is *not* suitable for heavy duty CGI use. It's fine for
   rapid prototyping and for lightly loaded WWW sites.
 - About the only scripting solution today that really works well under heavy
   CGI load is Frontier. Frontier has several advantages (being designed from
   the ground up for multithreading, its fast object database) which make it
   uniquely suited for that task. Frontier is not the perfect solution (Perl
   has the better language facilities for CGIs IMHO), but it has by far the
   best performance.

Matthias

-----
   "No tame dog is gonna take my bone" -- Velvet Underground, _Coyote_