Re:[MacPerl] Perl asynchrinosity and usefulness as CGI development platform

>Although, I still think that UNIX will always be a superior
>multi-user/server environment.  MacOS is a personal computing OS, and UNIX
>is not.  Frankly, I think that everyone who wants to do CGI scripting,
>especially in Perl, should learn UNIX.  It not only increases your
>understanding of Perl, but it also gives you access to what, for some
>purposes, is a superior OS.

This is, for all practical purposes, a religious argument that, if you want
to get into it, can go on forever and not convince anybody one way or the
other.  I, for one, would prefer that comments like this be elided in
general unless you actually INTEND to get into such an argument, in which
case this is CERTAINLY the wrong list to bring it up on.

Dick

p.s. As you can probably gather, I DON'T share your religion wrt U*x.

--
Dick Munroe                             munroe@acornsw.com
Acorn Software                          (508) 568 1618 x1

Need a web site? a web server? other web service?  Contact us...
"They told me to get Windows 3.1 or better...so I bought a Macintosh"