[MacPerl] old cookie problem

Hi,
Sorry if this is covered somewhere but I have not found it. This is my first
project with MacPerl.

My cgi scripts don't see the cookie returned to the server.

I saw this problem discussed over a year ago on the list digest and it
looked like the solution was added to MacPerl and everyone was happy. The
examples on the web all sound like the problem has gone away. They all say
that the returned cookie is in HTTP_COOKIE in the %ENV array.

My problem is that my %ENV does not contain the cookie. I see the cookie
received by the browser. I see the cookie get returned to the server MacHTTP
by the browser, but it does not get put into the array. I see it in the
headers in the browser response (Cookie: Cook1=Here) .  This is all taking
place with Netscape and the server on one Mac with the server at 192.0.1.2
which loops it back without a net connection. The cookie path is "/".

MacHTTP is version 2.2.2 which is the latest.
MacPerl is version 5.0.7r1m which I believe is the latest.
I have the MacHTTP CGI script in the MacPerl extensions, so the scripts look ok.

This must be a simple thing since no one else seems to have this problem.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John