$x = 'hello';

&mysub ();

sub
mysub
{
        my $x = 'goodbye';

        print "in mysub\n";
}

If I debug this on a Unix system running perl5.003, and step through it
until I'm about to do the print line in mysub, and do a p $x, it prints
goodbye as expected. However, if I do the same thing under MacPerl
5.0.7r1m, it prints hello, and in fact can't seem to see any lexically
scoped variables. Is this a known problem? Does anyone else have this
problem? It makes things darn difficult to debug when you can't see about
90% of your variables. :-)

Brian