Re: [MacPerl] mac file names with < >'s in it...

"Brian L. Matthews" <blm@halcyon.com> writes:
} Nicolas Berloquin writes:
} |does anyone know how to quote the filename so that macperl doesn't
} |interpret the > or < ?
}
} Look up open in perlfunc.pod. The very last paragraph of the open
} description talks about quoting whitespace in file names, but it
} may also work for quoting < and >.

When suitably translated for the Mac, of course, using ":" instead of
"./".  I found two successful approaches for opening a file named
">filename<" in my Desktop Folder.  First, simply give open the full
path.  No interpretation is done of < or > in the middle of a name.
Second, make your path relative by prepending a ":" (that's equivalent
to the Unix "./" trick in perlfunc.pod).  Either way I was successful in
opening and reading ">filename<".

}
} Brian
}