[MacPerl] Sending mail with MacPerl ?

Hi there !

I have been away for some time but now i am back.
I would like to know how i can generate a mail with macperl. I never found
something about that anywhere. Last time i had to write scripts for unix so
i did not have the problem but now i am writing for an apple-based server.
So how does it work or where do i find anything about that ?
Another question: Is it possible to write the mail-command in a way that
later also unix can handle it ? (i do not stop dreaming)

Bye Luigi

Luigi Rensinghoff
Hohe Pforte 13/17
50676 Kšln